冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
Legend of the Condor Heroes
Wind and Cloud
The semi devils and demi gods
Swordsman

and its like?

Although a bit boring when levelling up, they make up in effects and storyline not seen in western games.
The Chinese RPGs share a lot with the Japanese RPGs in that they had static turn-based battles with static damages. In my view since everything is practically fixed, there is no element of randomness or excitement to me.

It is boring to see 杨过(Yang Guo) or Mushashi or 聂风(Nie Feng) dash forward and deal 999 damage with his most powerful stroke (which is the only stroke you'll use against any enemy), get hit in return for 1283, quaff a pill or 3 (restore 900), repeat & rinse till enemy is dead. Then find the same mob again and again.

Seen my friend playing 轩辕剑 3 (Sword of Xuan Yuan 3) and I could predict when is he going to finish each combat once he's started. You could also see his bored countenance that only picks up now & then when some new object/quest is found.

The only time I will bear with this combat system is for turn-based combat tactics game (of which I liked 天使帝国 - Empire of Angels then).

Baldur's Gate bears still the best CRPG experience for me. Interactions and story are key. If the Chinese CRPGs managed to come up with a BG-like engine along with all the interesting side-quests and side-character interactions, that might be something to behold.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote