View Single Post
Old 2009-12-19, 01:08   Link #1033
Metaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't think that's what Plato meant to say. Forms are general concepts, you can't have a "Battler form" since Battler is an individual. In addition in ancient greek there weren't corresponding words for "to be" and "to exist", Plato used the same word "exist" applying different meanings to it depending on the various cases.

To be clear you need to specify what do you mean by "to be" and by "to exist", because in the common usage they are synonyms.
I always interpreted "to be" as "to exist with a meaning, with no necessity of a physical form" and "to exist" as "to exist physically, with or without a meaning"
But yeah, the whole theory is really complicated and I didn't really catch the concept entirely. ^^'

Quote:
The only thing we know about Ange's sickness is that she had a fever and was throwing up. We don't know anything at all about her hardiness or what her sickness is.

Oh, we know one other thing. We know that whoever sent the letters to the survivors of those killed on Rokkenjima in EP 3 knew that Ange was going to be sick, even though the letters were probably sent out before she became sick.

(And if you go with the "Kyrie is involved/is the mastermind" idea, that suddenly makes a huge amount of sense, doesn't it ... maybe Ange's illness was engineered to keep her away from the island.)
Maybe Kyrie used some kind of medicine on Ange? After all, some medications can actually make someone sick if used improperly, such as homeopathic medicine.

By the way, I don't know if this means anything to the story, but some homeopathic medicines use small doses of gold... This reminds me of Nanjo and his sick granddaughter.