View Single Post
Old 2010-03-14, 06:21   Link #29
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Pretty much this. From my experience, tanks and APCs are only well-used in the exact right hands, otherwise they die pretty easy. The map layout of BC2 also makes flanking much easier than BF2 as there is much tighter vegetation and more elevation.
That too, but that I actually see as more of a problem with BF2. Allot of its maps were awfully empty with almost no cover or concealment over large areas. BC2 maps feel a bit smaller, but allot more realistically cluttered and populated.

Quote:
Regarding the weapons, the Gunner on the APC is hilariously useless. I don't know how many direct hits it takes to down someone but it feels like more than a full SMG clip. Agreed on the tank shell too, that's probably one of the more "WTF" worthy damage reductions in splash.
It actually has good damage (more then most ARs) and near perfect accuracy. The problem is the fucking ENORMOUS flash and smoke clouds from the APC main gun makes it impossible to use if you're looking in vaguely the same direction as the gunner. It either needs to be WAY toned down or just removed, but the problem is that fixing it would probably take making a new graphic for it, which they'll never bloody do.

I also don't like how it seems like the autocannon "clips" don't reload when not shooting, so if you shot five and then forget to fire off the last shot you get one shot and then a reload when you next engage. I think if you stop shooting the clip should automatically refill, or at least let use hit a button to force a reload cycle.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote