View Single Post
Old 2011-03-24, 11:51   Link #2024
Kazu-kun

Quote:
KRIEMHILD GRETCHEN: Witch of salvation. Her nature is mercy. She absorbs any life on the planet into her newly created heaven: a barrier. The only way to defeat this witch is to make the world free of misfortune. If there's no grief in this world, she will believe this world is already a heaven.
You know, since the series begin with an image of Kriemhild, and the title "Prologue in Heaven", I'm starting to believe everything we've seen so far has been happening inside Kriemhild's "heaven".

I mean, think about it. In the first time line Madoka dies like a heroine. We know that kind of heroic sacrifice would make Madoka "happy". It's not real happiness, but it's the kind of fantasy happiness I could see going on inside Madoka's fake "heaven". Additionally, in the first time line Sayaka doesn't go witch, and Walpurgis doesn't destroy the city. It seems like a perfect ending, even though it's a lie.

But then something happened that was unexpected. Homura made a wish, and things began to turn more and more ugly. Madoka's "heaven" is not so anymore; now it's filled with despair. On the other hand, Homura's unexpected intervention might be the key to turn Kriemhild into a human (Madoka) again, and free all the souls inside her fake "heaven".

But yeah, it's just too wild a theory.