View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 23:40   Link #11
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's usually from the VN players, who have hyped this up so much in their own heads that it was literally going to be impossible to match their perceived level of hype. As someone who hasn't played the VN, it's quite a well done series.
I'm already taking a break from the anime, including posting in the anime threads, but upon checking this thread I couldn't help but notice your post.

Please, do explain to me how someone that admits to not having played the VN knows just how much the VN players are hyping the series up in their heads.

Personally the anime is fine when it comes to sound and animation...little problem here and there but hey, every anime has those and they never really bothered me.
The real problems I've found within the anime (and as far as I am aware, the same problem in the complaining VN players minds) are the radical changes to the plot and characters compared to the original source. Now, most of these are pretty much things that only VN players would notice thus why I understand fully why anime only watchers don't notice/find it to be a problem. I have noticed as well the lack of impact certain scenes have on anime watchers, like Komari's break-down scene. Comparing the reaction I've noticed from anime watchers and the reactions from the VN players (while playing the VN), the VN carried a much bigger impact with that short scene alone.

IMHO in the 10 released episodes so far the anime would get an 8 or even 9 when it comes to visual and sound transition from the VN but the plot gets a pretty solid 3.

I'm off to my Anego worshiping cave once again.