View Single Post
Old 2013-07-13, 20:52   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Also, as I've said, this would bring almost no work to Moderators at all, I do not know where you get that idea. They would only input around 15-20 polls in one season. That is around 3 months. Now you tell me that inputting 15-20 polls (1 can be input in approximately 10 seconds) would be a hard thing for Moderators to do in 3 months.
...With all due respect to you, you haven't really thought through the full picture of what it's like to do this work. Creating the poll takes a lot more than "approximately 10 seconds", but this isn't even the main problem. Now you have to keep track of all the shows that are airing, figure out when the last episode airs, and insert the poll at the right time so that others can vote. You can't do it via a template easily because you're editing an existing thread rather than creating a new one. There can be anywhere from 25-40 shows that start each season, but not all end at the same time. And you get complications, because there are cases where the raw airs at one time, a simulcast may or may not air later, web streams vs. TV airings, whether or not the show is really considered "over" if there are additional episodes to come, and on and on. If we miss a poll or don't do it at the time people deem appropriate, then we start getting reports and complaints in the threads from people who don't understand our logic, and there isn't really a thread (like there is in sub-forums) for people to make requests. And this is all at the same time that a lot of people are already shifting their focus to the next anime season anyway.

All in all, I'm not saying that it isn't doable, but it's a bigger "to do" than you think, and I don't really see that there's a real big need or demand for this at this time. As was pointed out, there are lots of other places that allow you to rate/rank anime, and do a much better job of collecting and presenting all this data than what we could do on the forum. So while I appreciate the idea, I don't think this is something we are going to prioritize at this time. I'm locking the thread.