View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 04:33   Link #891
coba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
<sigh> How many times do I have to mow it down. This is how I believed Lacus never broke any treaty: She signed to none as she seemed to want to break out of politics after the first war. So she retreated along with Kira and sealed their Nuclear-powered suit in the only country with possibly enough independence from EF - ORB.

[SPOILER="Junius Treaty from official Gundam site"]The Junius Treaty prohibits the use of N-Jammer Cancelers in mobile suits and military weapons, and all use of Mirage Colloid is banned outright. As a result, both sides are prohibited from developing or deploying mobile suits equipped with nuclear engines or Mirage Colloid stealth systems. The treaty also places strict limits on the number of ships, mobile suits, and mobile armors that each side can maintain, as per the proposals of the Lindemann Plan.

Freedom's Nuclear Reactor and core is a remnant of the previous war. And I don't think keeping it hidden in ORB with the hope of never using it is that bad. Especially that we all know ORB "The Orb Union is forbidden to transfer any military technology (either in weapon shipments or aid) to either the Earth Alliance or ZAFT

More than that, not that they'd even care about the laws and treaties if they perceived them as bad, Lacus and Kira are so Mary Sue they would never use it with evil intentions but protecting.

Well, as it turned out, Kira and Lacus were right in their lack of faith in history not repeating itself someday as this lack of faith was represented exactly by the fact they kept a Nuclear-powered Mobile Suit in their basement.

Eh... I don't know where you get the logic from, the word "both" in The Junius Treaty which prohibits the use of N-Jammer Cancelers in mobile suits and military weapons, and all use of Mirage Colloid clearly refers to ZAFT and the earth as whole. As far as I know, both Lacus and Kira are technically a citizen of Orb (unless they create their own space colony with a brand new nation) so they will have to abide the traty. As long as they are both citizens of either a nation in earth or ZAFT, they are not suppose to have any nuclear-powered MS. They clearly broke two different things in the treaty: the use of NJC in the MS as well as deploying a nuclear MS after ep 13.

I don't care whatever the reason is, the rule/treaty is there so that everyone follows it. The treaty to ban the nuclear use is there because they want to prevent the catastrophic effect of the nuclear which they experience before. I can't really accept the idea that because Lacus is a queen of the universe while Kira is her poster boy, they are allowed to possess Freedom (they should scrap it after the battle in GS) . Just because of different reason, it does not make them better compared to what the Phantom Pain did. After all, both of them clearly breaks the treaty for their own personal gain.

Just take a real world example in gun ownership in a prohibited country. Are you saying that a person who own the gun with the purpose of protecting his family is less guilty than other who uses the gun to do crimes ? I do believe when the police stops their car and finds the gun, both parties will be charged for the posession of the illegal gun. It is simple, you are not allow to poseess the gun by the law, then you aren't suppose to have one.

Last edited by coba; 2009-02-27 at 04:46.
coba is offline   Reply With Quote