View Single Post
Old 2011-08-20, 00:22   Link #17137
Ryus
The One Eyed King

@Jean_Claymore Glad my tl;dr got you to think. Rest assured this is art... it's not about agreeing or disagree but thinking about the art and listening to others express there views. As a die hard Raphaela/Luciela fan I'll accept a 8/10 rating () since as I said it wasn't of the highest level of quality in any manner but at least it did a good job of capturing something that we could interpret for ourselves and yet stayed true to the cannon source material.

@ALL Now a warning... Ryus is about to start joking about souls to make a point at the end of it about his first comment that sparked this nonesense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Wait, you mean that there's no soul?
Sure, why not? (j/k , don't take me seriously here religious people, but rest assured this will lead to a point... eventually ) The AFs are proof of this ... they exist yet are completely soulless since they are devoid of any human personality, even more so than the yoma. [ignore the fallacy logic that's about to kick in, since I'm only j/k] So therefore none of us have souls, and we just have a believe in them... but maybe that is what made them exists in the first place... hmm... more questions now.

So... if one views that as true then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
every picture, every art, has a soul; everyone.
Even if true, not all "souls" are necessarily equal. Prove me wrong

see above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeda View Post
Holy truth.
Once again, even if true...

This one started a religion

And then there is this thing... a face only an evil flesh eating loli could love.

This conversation reminds me of what Yoda said to Luke in The Empire Strikes Back: "For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us… and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this… [nudging Luke's arm] crude matter! You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock… everywhere! Even between the land and the ship."

Now sure the force is in the tree & rock too... but Jedi Masters don't go stopping miners and foresters from making a living just cause the land is getting effected, just as Claymore don't go stopping humans from eating meat since it's wrong and effects other life forms. They protect the "higher" living life forms since they're what created the force in the first place and in the case of the Claymore's it what they where and what they want to protect... the rock and tree are just beneficiaries and not the source. In this case good art is the upper lifes form and then there's the other life forms and then don't forget the rocks... i.e. like Dauf's face

We can argue all you want about all artwork having a soul or not but my point, while worded in a fashion that caused some teasing and joking that needs to stop before mod shows up, was I thought was quite clear. Not all art work necessarily has a soul that everyone can appropriate or connect to as easily, while others will just connect with people to a much larger degree.

Think of it like this, what if I was to tell you two things. Which would you care about more... First off on any given day there are like about 8,000 earthquakes on the miniscule level of the Richter (less then 2.0)... while they're all so small you can't feel them you've likely been in a few hundred earthquakes at least by now just based on pure chance on some of those <2.0 quakes happened near you. Second that a 6.3 earthquake happened just 113 km (70 miles) E of Fukushima, Honshu, Japan and there have been typically several of this size and distance a week since the big one that hit there not too long ago. So sure every artwork may have it's own "special" soul but not ever art work truly gets to claim special was meant in a positive manner.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-08-20 at 00:34.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote