View Single Post
Old 2011-08-11, 18:25   Link #163
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
:P More like a couple weeks (if that). Years of training provide experience, not the competence for a basic skill. Experience that you don't need for restraining a catatonic person sitting in the corner of a room.
Uhh... experience is everything when it comes to the matter. Knowing to do something, and actually having the experience to do it right, and without flaw is critical to not getting someone hurt. And uhh, someone needs to teach it to you.

Plus, applying it to a practical situation as well.

And catatonic? She reacted viciously to her phone and would not give it up without a fight. Whether you like it or not, she was gonna react violently and not easily subdued.

Anyhow, if you cannot comprehend why cutting someone's oxygen supply off is dangerous and why you can't just learn these incapacitation skills instantly, I really think you should stop posting on this matter. Unless you tell me you regularly subdue dangerous people safely on a regular basis.

Tl;dr it's much easier to hurt someone than subdue someone.

Quote:
Okabe's main feature is his empathy. Of course he wouldn't actually leave Moeka to die. You're not gonna claim grabbing her phone or punching her in the face was actually empathy, though, are you? Okabe showed just barely enough empathy that he will be able to achieve a Good End in this story (by gaining Moeka's cooperation with regards to the IBN 1500 and FB). This doesn't change that his initial assault upon Moeka featured nothing of the sort.
No, I would not defend that as being ideal. It just makes sense in context, and like I've been saying, you've been holding him up to unrealistic expectations and calling him stupid by suggesting arguably worse alternatives.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-08-11 at 18:40.