View Single Post
Old 2009-07-31, 16:28   Link #6
Mentar
Banned

Jesus Christ, s_b. Feel the hate, hm?

Objectively, I'd definitely rate H.I.N.A. as one of the better songs of the Hayate anime. "Garbage"... my my my.

Content-wise, I'd say that this is one of THE defining Hina-episodes. No big new revelations, but it highlights exactly the way she is. Answering Miki's choco. Getting crowded by fans who also want cookies from her. Fulfilling her self-appointed obligation to promote Ayumu's romance with Hayate even to the extent that it's cutting her. Helping out Hayate, also against her personal interests. Scolding him in understandable anger, but still fully aware of her own feelings ("Jeez! I wonder why I'm in love with this guy..."), and helping him out again. Getting all flustered when the cafe master was teasing her on the boyfriend angle. And helping him out a THIRD time (this time with Maria) to ensure that he can fulfil his promise to Ayumu. And - which is fairly rare - eventually getting a reward for her efforts in some White Day cookies (complete with playing a little trick on Hayate to cover her embarrassment).

In summary, this chapter shows 75% of why I consider her so incredibly endearing. Particularly the scenes which show her fighting the bitter fight against her own feelings to fulfill her duty towards Ayumu.

A rare 9 from me.