View Single Post
Old 2010-12-26, 14:28   Link #3068
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Personally, I hope it doesn't happen. Aside from seeing the new characters and new powers, the main reason that I haven't already dropped Medaka Box is because we heard about Kumagawa. When it was said that there was a person that the "God-Like Beast Kurokami" couldn't help, it showed a new side to her. The side of her that resents Misogi for being so far out of her reach to help.

The foil between Medaka and Misogi shows, despite her incredible prowess and literally being better than everyone at everything, that in her case sometimes being the better person isn't always the best thing. It's because she's the better person that she's unable to help him or the other Minuses.

If anything else, this sort of puts Zenkichi on the chopping block. After what happened with Kumagawa in middle school, he's made it his mission to protect Medaka from emotional pain. If she manages to defeat Kumagawa on her own then she'll have taken Zenkichi's purpose from him. Love or not, he'll have no real reason to stay by her side. I doubt she'll have considered this, and even if she did it wouldn't matter. Because she's not the type to play herself off as weak just so others can feel strong. (Not that she could do that if she tried)

We know Misogi killed Ajimu, which led Medaka to attack him and realize she can't help everyone. I just think it's the connection between Zenkichi, Ajimu, and Misogi that's the key to bringing him down for good. If it wasn't relevant it wouldn't have happened. And if was Medaka that was supposed to beat him, it would've been her in that classroom with Ajimu. I think Zenkichi has the biggest part of this, I just don't have enough info to fully see how.
Oh I know plenty of people hope it doesn't happen. Plenty of people also hoped that Medaka wasn't going to be the one to fight Miyakonojou even back when I told them that she was most likely going to. I say these things more so because I'm softening the blow for people and they don't get to act all surprised if it happens.

Zenkichi met her because he was weak enough to get killed while fighting Kumagawa. Medaka hasn't met her because she not only hasn't fought in this arc yet but no one has killed her and forced such a meeting earlier in the series. If she meets her before the arc ends or something then the connection obviously will include her as well. As of now she already has history with the 3 its just that Medaka hasn't died and she is hard to kill to begin with. I agree that there is obvious relevance for Kumagawa, Ajimu, and Zenkichi meeting but that doesn't change my belief that the final match up of the arc is likely to be the bosses of both sides going up against one another.

One thing you miss about Medaka's character is that she isn't trying to reform Kumagawa because she is better than him or that entitles her to it. She believes in all humans and she is trying to correct one of the biggest failures of her life and get beyond the hatred/past she has with Kumagawa. She wants to reform him despite the differences in their abilities and their starting points in life. She wants to make him happy and Koga reminded her of that goal. For the longest time and even still at current times she doesn't believe in geniuses and she denies what her "advantages" are over other people.

But either way, this arc has been enjoyable for me for several reasons. I expect it to continue to get better from here on out. I'm more than happy to just sit back and see how the arc plays out from this point on.