View Single Post
Old 2010-12-26, 16:34   Link #3070
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post

Zenkichi met her because he was weak enough to get killed while fighting Kumagawa. Medaka hasn't met her because she not only hasn't fought in this arc yet but no one has killed her and forced such a meeting earlier in the series. If she meets her before the arc ends or something then the connection obviously will include her as well. As of now she already has history with the 3 its just that Medaka hasn't died and she is hard to kill to begin with. I agree that there is obvious relevance for Kumagawa, Ajimu, and Zenkichi meeting but that doesn't change my belief that the final match up of the arc is likely to be the bosses of both sides going up against one another.
I'm not exactly sure that a meeting between Medaka and Ajimu is going to happen. I don't see why it would happen at all because we already know the connection between Medaka, Misogi and Ajimu.

Ajimu and Medaka were close friends in Middle School. Misogi killed Ajimu, leading to Medaka's first shift into Perses Mode. She attacked him and forced him to leave the school. In doing this she realized that she couldn't help him and was left with an emotional scar that still hasn't completely healed.

Misogi was the first person to experience Perses Mode, Medaka's pure, unbridled rage. She wouldn't hate him if she couldn't remember the reason why . That's the main reason she hates Misogi, because he killed Ajimu.

I just can't tell where Zenkichi comes into play.

He and Medaka grew apart in Middle School. We don't know how his relationship with Medaka was, but we do knowthat Medaka and Ajimu were close. Misogi constantly refers to Ajimu as Zenkichi's "girlfriend". And the real kicker here.....

He can't remember a single thing about Ajimu

Not her face, not her name, not a single thing.

We already know how Medaka fits into this, but there's something that connects Zenkichi with this that we haven't seen yet. And I think the missing link that connects Zenkichi and Ajimu, not Medaka and Ajimu, is what's going to cause Misogi's eventual downfall.
I'd hardly say they grew apart in middle school. He is shown being on her side against Akune in middle school and again with the whole Kumagawa thing. If Zenkichi is known for not changing, I highly doubt his relationship with Medaka regressed at this point in time. There are a few more things I would dispute here but I'll leave it alone.

My main reason for doubting a potential meet up in the case of Medaka is that she is hard to kill. But one of my main points was just because she hasn't met her yet doesn't mean anything. Medaka hasn't fought any of the Minuses yet and everyone on her side seems hell bent on making sure she doesn't until the very last moment. So for all intents and purposes, she hasn't gotten the chance because she hasn't fought yet. It appears the only way to meet Ajimu is by dying and Kumagawa is the only one who could probably kill her right now but I don't think it happens unless a meeting needs to happen.

Like I said, I'm fine with letting the arc play out. I'll leave it at this and enjoy how things develop.