View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 09:29   Link #58
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Note: Houtarou's 'blackmail' this time was more of a fair trade than a blackmail. Supposed that the chairman man up and let Houtarou announce the truth of the Jumonji Incident then his entire scheme would be rendered meaningless. Houtarou knows that and was actually on the toe for quite some time and actually gave some good conditions to the chairman. This was totally unlike the first blackmail where it was a complete one-sided threat and Houtarou completely uncaring for the smoker's feelings.

You could say that it is a sign that Houtarou grew up to consider people's feelings as he exerts his presence over the others.

And about the whole 'difference in talent' thing, I really never bothered about it quite much. It wasn't really something one should mull over too deeply. I'm good at writing, he's good at doing maths, she can draw, he can drive, she's good at fighting - once you really think about it, what is the point comparing your weakness against the another person's strength? Perhaps it's because the characters portrayed are very young, but it may have been slightly exaggerated in my opinion. We are unique the way we are. Even if I'm supposedly 'talentless' compared to him in let's say, deduction, there WILL be something along the same path that I can do better than the genius.

This is especially true when it comes to creation. 'A masterpiece is a masterpiece from the beginning', and adding behind this sentence, 'It does not matter from whom it is born from'. The most important thing is to recognize your own masterpiece and to be proud with it.

To put it in a sappy way, won't your talent feel sad that their own owner wouldn't recognize and acknowledge their biggest strength?