View Single Post
Old 2013-08-26, 00:29   Link #211
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Curious as to what Kpau's victory margin with women is. If it's large, I have to say I'm surprised: first, I would have expected a fairly balanced field. And second, because Kpau doesn't get quite as much attention as some of the other characters.
The explanations run along the lines of Kpau being a fairly centered, gung ho (yes, I said that on purpose), somewhat independent, confident character. Even when she makes a decision to be dependent on some matter, she's thought it out. As we move from v1 to v3, she even grows out of the night terrors (which had largely remained due to her unwillingness to even talk about the night of the crash with anyone). That's what I've pieced together anyway. I don't have a large sample group but basically it went about 50% Kpau, 40% Glyc, 10% Sashiko, and nada for Tsika.

Quote:
Tsika I can actually see rubbing a lot of people the way. Yes, plenty of anime get away with abrasive female leads, but aside from fans being used to it, most anime play it for laughs early on - Taiga and Haruhi both start off as bordering on being gag characters IMO. And both maintain some fairly sizeable hatedoms regardless (especially Taiga).
Tsika (obviously) is supposed to be a twisted play on the tsundere. She has actual psychotic tendencies but she's been sublimating them with her co-dependency of taking care of Glycerin. I had hoped that her throwing herself under the bus for Glycerin over a decade would make her more likeable but ... yeah, didn't happen (hence looking over the early part of the story with that in mind).
Quote:
Glyc's victory among anime fans - did you really expect any other result?
Not really ... was just surprised it was so strong.

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-08-26 at 04:42.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote