View Single Post
Old 2012-03-16, 13:04   Link #1
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Do you prefer 80s chara designs over current ones?

Over my journeys through many anime forums, I've found people complaining "character designs in the 80s were more attractive boo-hoo where did they goooo!?"

............I really can't agree with that at all. I'm a bishoujo/nen fan and can't really name any 80s anime characters that made me go "Ooh, she's/he's pretty!" On the contrary, they look ugly to me, with the smaller eyes, pudgy faces and thick hair.

I mean, why would an anime watcher prefer this

Spoiler:

Would you chalk up old-school preference to simply nostalgia? Or not? Also, where do you stand and why?

Remember, this is character design ONLY, not about the characters themselves, okay? No posting "BECAUSE RICK RULES AND LULU SUCKS!!"
This is a strictly artistic discussion, savvy?

Now, I've heard that the 80s-lovers state that today's character styles "all look the same, with the same faces and hair and body types".
I suppose I can see where they're coming from with bishoujo game characters. But um....I don't see any differences with 80s' anime characters EITHER. o___O The Dirty Pair girls and the brunette basically all have the same face, don't they!?

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-03-16 at 13:14.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote