View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 15:23   Link #183
queenSwild

Wait. Are you talking about the interview that's in the Speculation/Spoilers thread?If so, I didn't see any lines that said he was angry about the lack of support for the main couple. He didn't say anything about Amata. It was about Mikono.

Quote:
Mikono showed a little worry for Kagura and now they're saying she's fickle (laughs bitterly). You can't make sweeping judgments on people so easily.
He said this. ^

If we're not talking about the same interview, then where did you find that? That's actually pretty hilarious. :P

I'm just gonna go with the Mari Okada "Doesn't know how write a romantic long-running series" theory.. The same thing happened in Hanasaku Iroha.The main pair didn't interact all that much due to plot circumstances along with useless filler. Unlike Aquarion, the roles were switched, the main character (the girl) is the wishy washy one, while the "male love interest" is the one who clearly likes her. Like Amata, the "male love interest" liked the girl since the beginning of the series (he confessed to her), while the main girl was really "wishy washy" and undecided until the end . Although she didn't get it as bad as Mikono because she was the main character/protagonist and things were seen from her point of view, so we didn't see how her indeciveness affected the guy until we heard it from the girl that likes him. (Who all the fans hated because she was apparently wrong and in the way.. :P ). All in all, they still got together in the end.

I don't think they were trying to go for a "deconstruction" of love either since nobody has ever pointed out how stupid people have been acting because of it and they've never been punished/berated for it. Nobody has ever berated Amata for listening in on Mikono's conversations, he was instead pushed on by Andy. Kagura was criticized by Izumo for choosing Mikono over the world. That was until Izumo had a "Ah HA!" moment and somehow realized he was wrong instead. Alicia did think that abandoning Amata for love was stupid until Amata (The person abandoned) said "Oh No! It's not your fault! You were in love!". The person who punishes people for love (Mykage) is the bad guy, and we're supposed to be against him. We were supposed to sob for Alicia & Izumo (Which I didn't), blame Mykage for Zessica's downfall (Which I do ,but most people don't), and blame all the horrible things that happen in the series on him.( Which I do, but most people blame it on the main characters). So unless Mykage wins in the end, I don't think that this is a deconstruction.

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-06-12 at 16:19.