Thread: Fruits Basket
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-30, 02:07   Link #101
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

It's been stated in Hana to Yume that 132 is going to be the last chapter.

Regarding its conclusion, I think Furuba started to suck a while ago. Not suck hard, but just not up to what it was when it began. It just feels like Takaya lost her way and started going through a checklist of what has to happen before the manga ends and throwing it in there with no explanation.

Curse broken? Check.
Everyone paired off? Check.
Akito falls in love with Tohru just like everyone else? Check.

I've always withheld formal judgement on Furuba. The premise is really quite stupid, objectively, but the characters are endearing and it's so well told (for the most part) that it's flourished. I suppose I was expecting more from something that had such a good outset.

I had noticed the art style change. They look pretty alien, especially Kyo for some reason. I know she wants then t look more mature, but even Shigure and Ayame, etc. don't look like that.

To answer your questions arichang, 131 is my favorite chapter, followed by 99 when Hana-chan rescues Tohru. The manga never made me cry, but I cried watching episode 15 when Momiji was talking about his mother, and at the end of 25 and the beginning of 26.