Thread: Licensed RahXephon
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-07, 21:02   Link #205
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I certain that Ixtil was in control of him before he fired her since they all met when she was posing as a different "Haruka" in Terra right after Ayato is brought back after the incident with Hiroko. Haruka is initially shocked to see her younger self till Ixtil works her mojo on them all.

The writing on paper incident is the one I was pointing out as the time she ignores his proposition. He gets writes the note, she ignores it while staring ahead, he gets mad and tells her to leave, and then his blond friend (forgot her name) makes fun of him for always trying to possess the things that Itsuki likes.

I can't really she her doing it for Ayato sake because that would put her on Sayako's level of betrayals and having good come out of it would really be pointless to show any sort of moral. Haruka wasn't a saint but she doesn't seem a fool either.
Yeah, now that I'm rewatching the episode, Haruka started working for Isshiki right after Ayato came back from Tokyo, though I don't know what happened before that, since it never really is shown when she started working for him exactly. Also, by the time he announces this, Ixtil is also re-introduced.

I remember reading about this theory somewhere in a particular review long ago, but haven't got to finish the series by that time, that's how I noticed.

The reason the theory about Haruka sleeping with Isshiki came to my mind then was when Itsuki told Ayato "Haruka has good reasons for being with Isshiki" and also when her friend (forgot her name), told her "You're the right hand man of the white snake guy now?...so you can do anything to protect the one you love." and Haruka looked down seemingly in pain. I also found it strange when Isshiki told Haruka she can be the governor of Tokyo when he destroys the barrier.

Then, there was this particular conversation that striked me between Haruka and Ixtil...

Haruka:

"What Makoto Isshiki said is correct. All human relationships are built upon interests."

Ixtil:

"But relationships built on interests have their own aesthetics."

Haruka:

"His happiness is my profit."

Ixtil:

"He has not realized that yet. He might not realize that forever, then Haruka will become alone forever."

Maybe that was a way for Ixtil to open her mind for what she's doing?