View Single Post
Old 2004-05-13, 20:25   Link #32
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracus
Also 'absolute sense'? You mean relative since you wanna say we can not say anything cause it is only relative to our opinion and can't apply to someone going through that. Because in common sense, if she was a friend, she would have done what she could to help him back on his feet and not help him stay in a rut and babysit him. Shinji's aspect is also felt cause he wasn't shown doing anything. He just left Takayuki behind.
Mitsuki helped Takayuki stay in a rut, you say? Is that how you see it? That's quite a negative picture you paint there. Takayuki was at his lowest, and even though Mitsuki stood by him all that time, the decision to move on has always been his in the end. I doubt Mitsuki was putting Takayuki in a rut. Actually, it could be said to be the other way around.

Sure, Mitsuki offered herself--but still, Takayuki accepted, realized something at that point, or perhaps just went with the flow. It takes two to tango, as you say. Why should I only blame the woman? As for Shinji, all I can say is that there are limits to how much help can be offered to one's friends. There are times when nothing can be done, when you don't want to meddle in the affairs of others, or when what's needed is a chance to help oneself. He was still there to give a beating or two to Takayuki after all. I actually find it quite natural.

And when I said, "absolute sense" I primarily meant going beyond descriptions of right and wrong. I'm not asking you to leave them by the doorstep, but to go beyond it. Things can be easily oversimplified in the long run if everything was a matter of right and wrong. That's what I think anyway.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-05-14 at 05:08.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote