View Single Post
Old 2011-05-11, 11:53   Link #65
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Perhaps I'm just better attuned to these kinds of things than most? *Shrugs* Everyone's different. Plus, like I said, I didn't say the fact that she was linked with the Butei Killer stuff was obvious (it wasn't). I said just the fact that she has ill-intentions at all (regardless of what they were exactly) seemed obvious to me. But like I just said above, everyone's different. Not everyone's going to see the same thing, let alone are they trained is trained to spot these kinds of stereotypes in narrative like I am. I often forget that. XD
And this is not what I'm understanding. So it's because she has a cheerful personality, that you automatically assume that she is hiding something? Sure, there have been many a case where this is true, but those times were most likely foreshadowed in previous episodes; a close-up pan of the cheerful char with a sad face after some dialogue; some kind of stuttering during a conversation; speaking as if s/he weren't confident in what they were saying; trembling his/her fist during a conversation; SOMETHING. Riko does not once exhibit any of these factors that were recognizable before this(4th) episode. As such, how can you attribute her as having any ill-intentions before this episode? If you really did base it on the fact that she was 'too cheerful', then it's not 'painfully obvious' or even remotely obvious; you just made a guess and happened to be right =0\.

Last edited by frubam; 2011-05-11 at 12:31.