View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 06:05   Link #1
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

IPS panel monitor for anime watching?

Hello,

is it worth to get an IPS panel monitor for anime (and games)?

I'm about to buy a new display for my PC. I'm currently running an 24" TN panel BenQ non LED and I was thinking about a noticable upgrade. After some research, I discovered the Dell U2711.

The Dell 27" seems to be a decent monitor. It's said that IPS panels got some very good colors and I was like:"Hey, anime are colorful." Of course, contrast and viewing angle is also very good.

But overall, I'm not sure about the Dell, or IPS in general, for anime, because some series are quite fast when it comes to action scenes. Can the Dell handle such things? Prad gave him only +/- satisfactory for DVD/Video, what makes me kind of doubtful.

The other issue is gaming. I mainly play MMO's, such as WoW and Tera. Will the Dell make a good figure for MMO gaming? Prad gave + good for casual gaming and +/- satisfactory for hardcore gaming.

Is it a big profit to have 2.560x1.440? I mean, highest anime resolution I know is 1080p, so everything will be streched anyway.
It's a plus for gaming, but it also requires much more performance. I'll obviously lose FPS due to higher resolution, if I won't buy a high end GPU.

I'm quite unsure here. Dell/IPS or rather TN panel? There's also 24" IPS, but nearly all of those are 16:10 and I wan't to keep my 16:9 standard. A downgrade to 23" is out of the question! :\

I figured that animesuki is a good place to ask such a question, because it got some clever minds.

Help is appreciated.
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote