View Single Post
Old 2012-05-09, 20:52   Link #755
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
By the most popular you mean Haruhi right? I personally think that the reason why it sold poorly was a combination of the fact that most American fans have already watched the anime which consists of most of the earlist volumes plot and also the fact that Americans don't get some of the humor behind Haruhi that's lost in translation.
Haruhi and Shana actually, I don't think it gets any more 'well known' than those two.

Secondly, the kind of people that would buy Light Novels are the kind of people that more or less have an understanding for that Anime style, so that reason that 'they just don't get it' just doesn't fly.

Quote:
Slice of life books are also less liked by most people in America and they prefer advanture's books more hence why Haruhi did poorly in America. I think that books like Slayer and The Legend of Legendary Heroes will sell better in America then Haruhi.
I don't know how popular Slayers is with the west, but I'm almost certain DenYuuDen has got very little recognition there.

Regardless none of that matters because in general the English community just isn't interested.

As well as a WHOLE bunch of other reasons.