View Single Post
Old 2007-05-27, 15:19   Link #105
rg4619

Quote:
Like Kaoshin_Sama said, a game like this doesn't deserve to be downloaded.
That isn't his point, really. AFAIK, Kaoshin_Sama hates Key stories and routinely argues with the fans. He doesn't enjoy visual novels either and despises how they've gained market dominance over adult RPGs/SRPGs/SLGs/etc (so from his perspective, Key games aren't worth buying. That said, I'm not suggesting that he would encourage people to pirate them, despite his views on how visual novels/moé negatively affect the market's direction).

Kaoshin_Sama is more or less trying to make a statement about the blind, rabid fanboyism of many Kyoto Animation/Key worshipers (who lash out at anyone daring to value these works as something less than pure platinum).

Quote:
You see, now what you've done is you have shown you don't support Key by purchasing the game and helping them profit. I'm not going to stick around to find what's left of you.
There may be hordes of KyoAni/Key proponents, but how many of them support official product? Probably only a small fraction, I'd wager (enough for this scene to provide some beneficial side effects for the industry, but probably not enough to strongly influence the sales of most individual titles).

The rest will merely download the anime and game, despite their enthusiasm. That's the nature of this fandom. Free entertainment, with the flimsy justification that we're doing copyright holders a favor by raising product awareness.

My hope is for those who really love certain products to eventually support the official releases, even if purchases are decided on a try before you buy basis.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote