Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 00:09   Link #1570
Scherzo09

Was thinking about a couple things:

Anyone notice that this version of Yamato kinda mirrors a compressed version of Halo's canon? It sounds like in the Mid 22nd Century there was a series (at least two) interplanetary wars between Earth and its off-planet colonies which ends with mankind being unified under the UN's command. But then mankind is forced to the brink of extinction by multi-racial, caste-based empire seemingly hell bent on humanity's annihilation. Mankind fights a losing war for several years and seems on the brink of utter destruction, but an artifact from an alien civilization sends them on a desparate search for a technology that could turn the tide of the war.

I mean, sure, there are a lot of particulars that are different, it just interests me to think about.

Also if I'm reading it right, the Cosmic Forces hadn't be as ineffective as they had seemed in Operation M. I get the feeling that they had been in sort of a (losing) arms race with Gamilas, and that their reflective con-formal armor was just their latest advancement.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote