Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 14:32   Link #530
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperborealis View Post
It would fundamentally change the anime if Chihaya were to fall in love with anybody. It would stop being about karuta, Team Mizusawa, Chihaya's dream of becoming queen, etc., and would become instead about Chihaya and Boy X. That's why the romance is only ever a tease. Shippers need to just give it up.
I agree that romance is not the main point of the series but it obviously is a point. Will Chihaya choose neither? Perhaps and I am not denying that possibility but there is a love triangle here. It's actually a very well written one because who is going to end up with who is not entirely clear and all characters are sympathetic.

I think there is nothing wrong with shipping and routing for a couple (although I still think both pairs have an equal chance at this point). What is wrong when shippers feel this need to bash characters when they don't do things that pertain to their ship.

Quote:
Golly, Kirarakim, are you saying Taichi's sufferings portend sweet rewards in the future? So, if Chihaya starts going out with Arata, that's so Taichi's "rewards in the end will be that more sweet?" I think there is a problem with this logic...
Quite honestly I have no idea what you are saying here and I wasn't just talking about Taichi's suffering in terms of his feelings for Chihaya but in terms of karuta too.

Although the manga-ka gives ALL the characters a hard time and winning never comes easily, Taichi especially fails more than he wins. I think this is definitely on purpose on the part of the manga-ka to develop his character. She wants him to struggle before he can be rewarded so that reward will be more meaningful.

As for his reward being Chihaya, I never said that. However Taichi is not suffering because Chihaya is with or is going to end up with Arata, he is suffering by his own inability to let Chihaya know how he feels out of fear that he will lose her. And I Do think it is possible he might lose her, but that is a chance he has to take.

Whether Taichi ends up with Chihaya or not I do believe he will only find happiness if he lets his feelings out.