View Single Post
Old 2010-03-22, 20:01   Link #6294
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Yes, it isn't normal to be able to do those things. Most of the story isn't normal, that's part of the humor of the series.
He's done those things after training himself for years, which is in itself abnormal.
Did he undertake those tests while he was with Athena? No, they were after, after his abnormal training regime.

I'm saying the exact opposite actually. The world is not black and white, don't pretend that it is.
I'm not discounting the possibility that Athena did do something, but acknowledging the possibility that she didn't. Occam's Razor takes the possibility with fewer assumptions. That would be the one saying she didn't do anything except give him confidence. He doesn't show a significant difference in endurance until he's undergone a training that would give him that endurance normally, and we've seen that it's still growing stronger.
If the spell simply made a jump in his endurance, would we still be seeing increases of such magnitude ten years later?
The only 'superhuman' thing Hayate has done in his circumstances has been to pull things out of thin air, standard for anime/manga characters and having absolutely nothing to do with Athena's spell.
The fact that you keeping denying what's obviously shown in "Hata's world" with endless excuses while the others constantly presenting facts from "Hata's world" that he had shown is hilarious.

I mean, really? The light on Athena's hand, the magic circle that she placed on him, his newly born strength say nothing to you. That would be very so impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
That's what you get for not reading the rest of the argument. Non-Athena fans had just gotten a similar statement leveled at them.
Also, see above 'black and white' statement.
Having knowledge that she probably did have trained into her is different that making statements about things she couldn't possibly have known herself. Yet they are taken at full stock as true.

Could Athena be the reincarnation of the Greek goddess Athena?
Yes.
Could she just be a normal human?
Yes.
The story has given us nothing factual making either of these claims true or false.
Everybody uses facts that provided by the author himself in the world that he created to support their claims except you. Everybody knows what happened and Athena's strength which was claimed by the author himself, HE KNOWS WHAT IS BLACK AND WHAT IS WHITE.

This "black and white" scenario is nothing more than "I must mix manga with reality since there is no way out."

If you don't trust what Hata wrote, which is about every positive aspect of Athena, why do you even arguing about her? There is really no point.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2010-03-22 at 20:23.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote