View Single Post
Old 2013-04-26, 10:10   Link #32154
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

The people who write the blog or whatever are insightful, but they are given to massive bouts of Yasupologism (stop excusing everything and bagging on people other than her!) and seem intent on believing that she totally dunnit in Prime as well... or at the very least aren't really considering any semblance of a "Prime theory" and are just thinking about her mental state.

I'd take any comments about the larger picture with a grain of salt, at least until such time as their commentary gets to Chiru as there's a lot of things that come up there which would seem to put the lie to the notion that Yasu was the culprit or was even premeditating murder at all, while also providing alternate theories about it.

But none of those theories really exist in ep1-4, and Yasu is clearly intending to cast herself/Shannon/Kanon/Beatrice as the culprit in Legend and Turn. So discussing it in that context is probably appropriate, and one can presume that the culprit character of those episodes was planning on blowing up the island the whole time.

Also I would caution against believing everything they "find" was necessarily there in the first place. Ryukishi had eight episodes to change things and we happen to know a major reshuffling of the series happened right after Turn. So are some of these things there all along, or were they retroactively made relevant? There's a lot of parts of Legend that don't end up going anywhere later, you just don't notice because they didn't.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote