View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 21:50   Link #32
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The scene with Cryska and Inia was just weird though. Aside from the Russians just magically having pipes out of nowhere and some other continuity flubs from scene to scene and just acting like complete dicks (kind of out of character for what I know of Russian values where they're usually very big on teamwork and comraderie regardless of creed or place in society) with trying to rape Inia, we have Cryska suddenly becoming completely impotent and needing the big strong American hero Yuuya to save the day. This wouldn't be a problem to me if Cryska hadn't already been established as someone capable of holding her own earlier on and how she usually snaps to attention whenever Inia is threatened. Here though who knows? At least Yuuya questions why she was so incapable in this situation, which has me hoping we'll get an explanation cause unlike Yui I actually do feel that Cryska feels like a totally different character in the last couple episodes.
Well, Cryska can handle herself in a TSF but not from an army hazing e.g. google "army hazing Russia" or "army dedovshchina".

The situation was made worst if Cryska or Inia are like white Russia's Anna Kournikova and if there's ethnic based issues (i.e. there are plenty of whitepapers in regards to ethnic relations during war conditions).

PS; War can be a messy business and hazing/bullying is an issue for all countries.