View Single Post
Old 2008-08-30, 11:49   Link #8509
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

I've done some thinking as to why people seem to like my characters so much, and I think its for a very simple reason: All of my characters are flawed.

Strange as this sounds, this may just be the reason. For example, my star OC Keroko isn't a perfect person. Sure, she has the related-to-main-character sueish ellement, but she isn't a perfect person. She's impulsive, prone to speaking or acting without thinking, and can quickly get agressive. Syn on the other hand, is more stubborn then a brick wall, and her unyielding urge to talk back can be very annoying, if not get her into trouble. It's just that little bit of extra realism that does it.

Or at least, that's my theory.
I love flawed characters. Who else doesn't? As I write my stories, I tend to get carried away in the writing and sometime omit the flaws of my characters, something I try to improve on.

PS: Only one character flaw I don't like is "angst". I tend to find it too common nowadays, and it struck me as the easy shortcut.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote