Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of memories.
View Single Post
Old 2007-12-06, 06:16   Link #1027
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Yeah, maybe. But wouldn't he end up accepting Miyako anyway, then? Because Kei wasn't gonna confess as long as she was in denial.

Not that the point in my post was a "who would win" thing anyway. What I was trying to say is that, as soon as Hiro found out that Miyako had broken down, he'd have tried to find her to make sure she's ok, not run away.
Yeah, but that would be entirely unrelated to any Miyako x Hiro romantic interactions, and could possibly stay that way. If Miyako didn't make a move on Hiro the moment they had 'made up', she would be boxed into a 'helpless person who needs support' role and no longer a romantic interest. If she did make a move on Hiro, though, that would set a precedent in their relationship where she was completely emotionally dependant on him but not the other way around, which isn't a very comfortable or stable or attractive situation. Hiro might have been able to retain some romantic interest in that situation initially, but after he got used to the omg!sex and omg!girlfriend he would have to fight to maintain interest.

The reason I brought it up in the first place, though, was I was asking what people thought Kei should have done? I mean we, as the audience, know she doesn't have a chance--the story's written that way. But if you guys were saying that Kei should have just done nothing and 'lost honourably', aren't you expecting too much? I'm saying that given that you guys would have a better impression of Kei had she not deleted the messages, how would you have liked the story to turn out if that had been the case? If you would support MiyaHiro regardless, what advantages would Kei have for acting according to your judgement?

And the towel bit too: think about it. Does it really make a difference, the impression from somebody naked in a towel and somebody wet and dishevelled from quickly putting on some clothes?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote