View Single Post
Old 2011-02-18, 15:21   Link #127
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
If Sakaya doesn't negotiate with Kyoko, every time she wants to kill a familiar Kyoko intervene. If Sayaka fights Kyoko, she gets killed. In other words, I can see Sayaka can save anyone from familiar if she chooses to oppose Kyoko.

I never said her decision of becoming MG was irrational (but I do think so but it's irrelevant). All I said was Sayaka made wrong decision when dealing with Kyoko. Disagreeing on all things with someone who is out of her league and has intent to kill her is hardly a wise decision.
A fair point. But it all depends on your gut instinct as to whether Kyoko can be negotiated with. At that time, Kyoko wanted the territory, and wanted to let familiars feed on humans until they became witches. Sayaka wants to protect the people of the town. So where is the space for negotiation there?

If Kyoko is allowed to let any familiars run free, then people die.
If Sayaka gets to stop all familiars, then there are less witches for Kyoko (and maybe not enough to support two MGs).

Someone just let a serial killer escape, stating their clear intent to let that serial killer (and others like him) end more lives. Do you negotiate and thus give the serial killers time to kill? Or do you announce that you have no intention of letting people die, and if they hold to their position, you will be forced to act in order to protect people?

You can substitute serial killer for rabid tiger or something if you wish.

I have nothing against negotiation, and indeed, I'd love to see people talk things out. But I wouldn't feel so good about myself if talking things out meant more people died in the meantime. I wouldn't want to sacrifice people for my own principles.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote