View Single Post
Old 2006-02-02, 12:22   Link #79
chicklet007

thanks for your help! maybe i can also provide some background to why i am getting the tattoo, since many people are skeptical about japanese or chinese tattoos -
when i was 8 i read a story called "the cat who went to heaven" a fictional japanese story which had a cat named "good fortune", named so because she was a tri-colored cat. its actually a very sad but uplifting story, very sweet, always makes me cry when i read it. my cat at home had kittens at the time, and one of them was a tri-colored cat, so i named her good fortune, and she was the only one out of 6 that we kept. when she was 3 she was hit by a car, survived, but had a leg amputated, so everyone always joked that she really did have good fortune. she was my cat, my first pet, she would come to bed with me, sleep under the covers, very serene and nice. she died almost two years ago now at the age of 11, almost 12. i suppose many people might think its silly to get something because of a pet, but when i was growing up she was more than just a pet, and just the name good fortune has taken on a personal significance for me over the years. that is also why i wanted it done in kanji, to pay tribute to the story where the name originally came from. so hopefully you all dont think im crazy yet for getting this done, but i suppose everyone has their own reason for getting something permanently on their body.

so i appreciate any help, thank you
chicklet007 is offline   Reply With Quote