Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-14, 14:52   Link #15775
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The truth of the matter is very few of those murders are committed by legally-purchased guns. Most of it comes from the black market. You really think a would-be murderer is going to stop and obey gun control laws?

So don't let nutcases buy firearms. Simple as that. To be honest I don't think America uses gun control correctly. They ban a lot of silly and stupid things, making guns that "look" scary illegal, while not actually doing anything useful like keep shady folks from buying guns from Bubba's Pawn Shop.

I don't live or die by the Second Amendment here. I used to own guns, back when I lived in Oklahoma, and a gun even saved me from a bad situation once. Had I not had the gun, I probably would have gotten cut up or stabbed pretty bad. But there are things that are more important to me than being allowed to own guns. Still, it doesn't seem right that I have to choose between giving up/suspending my feelings on gun ownership vs. giving up/suspending my feelings on wanting legal gay marriage.

Meh.
And one could wonder why the US has such a rich black market. But that doesn't even matter. Mentar's right: considering the homicide rates, the US is terribly placed to give Norway lessons.