View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 19:55   Link #2979
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Yes I did notice that parts but I am sure the time and space was also in there somehow, I am sure of it.
To put it bluntly, you are incorrect. If you believe so strongly that it was there, feel free to point me to where it says that, and I will then agree with you.

Quote:
And even if was as you say it will still make no sense. We do saw devices can be program to respond to others commands and with that in mind why not put just bombs in their brains to keep them in check?
Because that's a bit inhumane? Seriously, can you not seriously see the ethical difference between putting a bit of a cap on the max destructive output of a single person, and loading a bomb into their brain?

Quote:
In the end the limiters make little sense because the TSAB will have to follow another policy if control was the issue here. So I think control is not the goal behind the limiters or them making any kind of sense. Because it will be enough just to make law to not have two S rank mages in the same unit and be done with that.
You probably don't have any experience with real armies, but there is jealousy among branches. At least, the US branches. The Air Force, Army, and Navy fight for funds and importance, and even within those branches, different groups jealously fight for the funds/equipment that trickle down. Tsuzuki knows his military atmosphere, if nothing else. Keeping all your units equal, keeps the jealousy to a minimum. And preventing the capability of any one unit from being strong enough to easily seize power, is a useful side effect.