View Single Post
Old 2011-11-13, 12:50   Link #83
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Whew, finally caught up!

I've got to say off the bat that I find this series far more interesting than either the FSN or UBW anime. It's like there's more focus on all the ensemble cast this time, more of the servants and the masters shown. The war for the grail feels like a big event, not just some isolated, low-key contest in a small town, but spread more worldwide with many agents acting in it, instead of just a bunch of kids from the same city. The Fate world feels more opened up, it breathes more, is what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, really excited by the episodes so far. Although that little kiss between Maiya and Emiya confused me. Cheating on Iri? Not cool.

Seeing Berserker fight equally with Gilgamesh in ep. 5 made me happy. Still not sure why he's so popular, but at least he's not grinning like a hyena and spouting off rape metaphors this time. Why does he think he's so great anyway? The total territory Gilgamesh ruled was microscopic compared to, say, Alexander's empire (I mean it was just one city), so you'd think he wouldn't be so arrogant in light of that. I also guess the Gilgamesh of this franchise never met Enkidu (maybe?), since he seems more concerned with subjugating the world than performing great deeds so his name will be remembered.

Speaking of Alexander, he's been pretty good for a laugh so far. I like him. It's a nice touch that they have him referring to himself as Iskandar, since over time during his conquests he adopted more and more Persian customs, so it's fitting he would refer to himself by his Persian name. At least, I'm assuming that allusion is what the author was going for.

As for Waver though, heeeee's getting on my nerves a bit.

And Saber in that suit and ponytail. Ugh, my heart. "Adorable king of knights" indeed, Kiritsugu

As for this episode, I'm a bit curious where Caster's master is. He doesn't seem to mind giving his servant total freedom of movement. And seeing Saber getting upset over not being allowed to fight at first brought back some memories What's old is new again, eh?
Gil thinks he's so great because of how powerful he is...... and he is the oldest king so... connect the dots.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote