View Single Post
Old 2005-12-29, 11:04   Link #38
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Hold on... So you are blaming Kira for ruining the series?
Don't put words in my mouth. I simply said 'the old characters'. Was i specifically referring to Kira? It's a generalisation, and what I simply meant was the way they entered, mind you. I don't particularly have a strong dislike for any characters, and I defend or criticise them without jumping to conclusions or making false accusations either most of the time. (Hey, I'm human, I'm flawed, so sue me.) ^^

Quote:
I thought it was clear people expected Kira to show up at some point n the sequel even before GSD aired? And no one really complained at the time?
Many people didn't complain because it was supposedly said and paraded with posters that Athrun and Shinn were the main characters, with the Extendeds provided as their main opponents. Many foolish people (like me) chose to believe all they said from the start and all the hype.

Quote:
It was how Kira's entrance was handled, and overall script problems, that drove GSD down hill. The fact that Kira's entrance coincides with the Shark-jumping doesn't mean he as a character has anything to do with it!
Exactly. That's why I said not to put words in my mouth a while earlier.

Quote:
When GSD first aired, no one thought introducing Kira was a bad idea. It was when we realised Shinn's character development dropped to zero, and that the Fukuda couple already have trouble handling the characters they got, followed by the meaningless way the Minerva crew become secondary characters, that we know they had bitten off more than they could chew.
No one? Are you really that sure to tell me absolutely no one thought that?

Quote:
The is nothing wrong with re-introducing Kira. It was how he was reintroduced that was the problem. Kira as a character is not at fault; a better director would be able to fit him in seamlessly into the existing storyline. It's been done before, and there was no reason why it couldn't be done here except for sheer incompetence.
Ah...So what you imply is that the directors are at fault....No problem with me on that.

Quote:
Many shows introduce characters half-way in the series. GSD failed because they weren't good enough, not because a character was inherently evil. (That's the impression i am getting, that the "Evil Kira" ruined everything. Get real, and get over it!)
*Yawn*...You are starting to sound more like you are defending Kira like a true blue fan of his rather than providing more arguments. I never whined about Kira being evil for coming in, so get over it yourself. The thing that irked me was the way they introduced him as well as the fact that a main character gets introduced all of a sudden. We're not talking about characters that will take the sidelines, but a character that is absolutely essential to the story itself.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote