View Single Post
Old 2012-12-29, 01:08   Link #3490
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
After so much DayZ, I've decided to fall back upon ArmAII itself and have been playing a lot of different missions both offline and online.

Currently I just started the Namalsk Crisis which is a STALKER inspired mod. I already know the island pretty well thanks to the DayZ version but the campaign still manages to get under my skin.

The combination of ArmA's unforgiving combat with Russian Army AI, numerous and fearless zombies to the dreaded Bloodsuckers makes for a very tense game.

I was quite proud before after relieving a Spetz Natz operator of his satchel charges I ambushed a two BTR convoy on the outskirts of Vorkuta before rushing back into the darkness of the forests and completing the mission.

But oh so many times I've just been shot out of no where by some sneaky Spetz Natz sniper... Playing the game with The JSRS sound mod makes the game a completely different beast.

Fire fights sound as unforgiving as they play out and the improved vehicle sounds really send that sense of dread down your spine as they approach.

Great stuff.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote