View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 18:26   Link #820
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
The way they deal with the criminals itself is also flawed, especially the way they kill the individual. Why choose a gruesome and gory way to kill? Kill them in a way that it won’t explode their body into pieces. In this case it worsened the situation. The victim saw it all happen that made her coefficient go up. I do hope the show provides a satisfying conclusion like the characters going against the system and removing it. That said, i wonder how such system came to pass without people objecting to it? The most fatal flaw is that just by thinking something bad the scanner will label you a criminal. Then when the scanner is 160, you get slaughtered.
No, you're wrong. Rewatch the chase scene again. Masaoka stated that the gun was set to non lethal mode. The updated judgement only came after Akane interfered.

And also "That said, i wonder how such system came to pass without people objecting to it?"

And this is why I'm saying that why are we assuming that this world is so crazy in the first place? Why aren't we even considering the fact that the Psycho Pass is actually accurate and acceptable? Because yeah if it was soooo bad then why was it passed in the first place? Maybe we need to step back and let the show try to explain things before we say "this is flawed that is flawed etc etc" we're only at the first episode...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote