Thread: Rec
View Single Post
Old 2006-02-12, 20:27   Link #45
Seiryuu

It's true that in the real world it doesn't take so much time and work just to be able to kiss, unless there's some serious interference. However, it also doesn't take a matter of less than perhaps four hours to be in bed. At least, it doesn't if either party has any respect. The people that do go to bed that quick don't seem serious about it the way these two were; with that kind of speed it's more like an evening's entertainment.
Consider that this girl only just met the guy, when he was waiting for a DIFFERENT girl, who happened to be going out with a thug appparently. Even if he's letting her use his place while she gets back on her feet after the fire, it seems absolutely absurd that she would trust this guy and like him enough to make love to him, especially if she doesn't know his name. While I'll give the writers a plus for not wasting time with questions of romance, the pure absurdity of these characters actually making love a few hours after they first meet, and starting with the words "Oh yeah, we never introduced ourselves", definitely brings this down in my opinion. I'll just say it was the beer for now.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote