Thread: Mai Otome OVA 3
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-25, 10:22   Link #30
Honeyman

Watched this last night before I went to bed.

Now, call me a sucker for the characters but I really liked the Nao/Nina dynamic in this one. Maybe we can thank the voice actors for that but I got a real sense that Nina respects Nao and that though she is a bit uncouth with her words Nao enjoys Nina's company and is like a true oneesan to Nina.

Anyway, I can understand people's agitation with the episode spending 5 minutes in the bath house and characters getting topless. Admittedly, it was only 5 minutes of the total episode but I also understand that as these OVAs are only released every 3 months and only at 30 minutes each then fans are going to get angry with 5 minutes being wasted on bathroom semi-naked hijinks.

It's also a shame that Arika's been redundant for the last 2 episodes. I understand that they wanted to give some of the otome (some that didn't get much time in the series) some of the spotlight, but like any decent fan I want progress, story and drama and not rushed into the last 10 minutes of the episode thanks!

Finally, a bit of theorising. Unless Sunrise made the best OVA episode ever the last OVA will feel like a rush job as far as concluding the story is concerned. Does anyone else feel these OVAs could be acting as a bridge for a 2nd Mai Otome season? Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but then why would they leave 3 month gaps between releases when it is only 30 minutes of material? And with the TV series of MAI Otome they produced more material and that was within half a year's run time, so I don't quite get what the gaps are for tbh.

Anyway, those are my chip-in thoughts. They may be thought provoking or worthless, but so is the beauty of forums. Free thought!

P.S Nao rocked my socks! More Nao/Nina please!