View Single Post
Old 2010-01-08, 00:47   Link #6619
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
You must not have been watching the show when the Emperor describes the EU as nothing less than the America of the Code Geass world. Free rights, liberties and all that. It's a paradise until Britannia conquers it.
That's an awful lot of spectulation given the fact that we had like almost zero information in regards to it. Heck, it might as well have not existed in the geass series to begin if. Going to call it a paradise is a far fetch. And I must admit I find it quite ridiculous to claim that any nation that has even a little hint of democracy is official the "greatest" nation on earth.

The closest from Charles' description could be that it's direct democracy AKA Switzerland (As it's run by the mob) but that's impossible to do for massive populations.

Quote:
China had poverty as a problem, but they weren't nearly as bad as Britannia.
I dunno, starving your own people into submission is just as bad as conquering other people. At least the Britannians made an effort for even the common/number folk to put bread on the table. The enuchs didn't even bother with a single grain.

Quote:
Japan didn't have an iron-fisted ruler, just a prime minister who people followed. And if you find this unusual, know that real-world Japan was almost exactly the same in WW2 (except those "to the last man" elements weren't running the show.
Again lots of spectulation bud, but according to Lelouch Japan forced its hand on other smaller nations and strong-armed them. Forcing them into starvation and economic poverty which I'd say is pretty bad.

In fact all of them sound bad except for maybe the EEU but they barely had any presence or say in the series.

Ironically, while it was Britannia that went all gung-ho against the world and brought war and destruction, it was the only thing that could save the world and bring peace. I mean how screwed up is that? They started out as the "bad" guys and then Lelouch comes in and next thing you know they're the "good" guys. You gotta give the guy credit.

In the end, a government's only as good as the guy/girl running it. In each nation there were dozens of guys that fought for what was right (specifically in Britannia where we saw Rolo assassinating many of those senators and others who fought for Numbers' rights)

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2010-01-08 at 01:01.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote