View Single Post
Old 2012-04-29, 18:03   Link #73
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And please don't try to use your "OMG Flit gave Kio a simulator game" at such a young age. It doesn't apply here either.
Of course it does. Flit and Kio confirm it themselves.

Quote:
And what part of the "~100 year war" did you not get?
The part where the Federation is in need of 13-year-old soldiers.
Quote:
Perhaps I was wrong to use that point there but the show's moving so fast we do not get to see other battles that could be happening (if any)
Nonetheless, there was no indication that the Federation were lacking soldiers.
Quote:
In any case the Federation has been at war for decades against the Vagans.
The Vagans spent most of that time hiding.
Quote:
The Vagans have in no way been beaten
You can't beat what you don't fight.
Quote:
so I don't see why it's wrong for Flit to prepare Kio at a young age when they strike back again. Give me a solid good reason why Flit shouldn't have trained him at an early age when the Vagans have shown they can pretty much infilitrate and attack anything including the kitchen sink. The Vagans don't care if Kio would be trained or not, they kill everyone just the same anyways so again give me a solid good reason what difference would it have made if Flit hadn't prepared him.

If the Vagans were decisively beaten I would understand but so far they've shown they can lick their wounds and get back into the fight quickly.
The point is, regardless of how long the war has been going on, the show itself has not given any hint that the Federation is lacking manpower. What it lacks is good security. Therefore, I can only conclude that Flit wants Kio to be a pilot at such a young age simply because he wants the Gundam to be piloted by a young male Asuno. And like I've said before, I've already accepted that. But you trying to make it sound like the state of the war warrants Kio being trained at a young age is where I disagree.

Anyway, as for the episode itself, it certainly has my interest more than the beginning of Flit and Asem's arcs. It's looking good so far.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote