Thread: Ubuntu Linux
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-14, 23:51   Link #602
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
Hi, all.

Has anyone played with Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.04) yet? I have been holding off on upgrading only because I don't have the bandwidth to do a full upgrade at this point, plus I have other events in my life which are coming up, and I kinda need working computers in the meantime.

As of this writing, its release date is a mere ten days away. And this one, for those concerned, is their newest LTS release, with Dapper Drake being their next-most-recent LTS release.

Look forward to hearing from you folks!

--Ian.
I've played with the release before the final beta and it was good. Lots of little differences like a decent bittorrent client instead of the POS they used to have. I feel that the effort has gone into the LTS instead of making something that is wow wow with huge changes. <- that is a feeling instead of an in-depth study.

For me I'll look forward to seeing how the upgrade works since I have a fully encrypted disk, of course after I've backed up

I've very excited!

PS you might be able to get the full release a few days early from the staging area

http://releases.ubuntu.com/.pool/

Just keep an eye on it and remember that there should be no other releases apart from the final