View Single Post
Old 2013-04-12, 04:33   Link #493
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
I agree; from what I've seen of the first episode, the battle doctrine Ledo follows is significantly different from the conventional (more familiar) combat the humans on the flooded Earth employ. That doctrine is basically vaporize your enemy before they vaporize/overwhelm you.

Going by what we have seen of the aliens, they're just as capable as the Galactic Alliance at beam spamming (that Blossom fortress is a prime example, it literally one-shots entire fleets.) While individually a Alliance mecha maybe superior, the aliens appear to severely outnumber the Galactic Alliance forces and possess regenerative abilities that necessitate weapons capable of such quick disintegration (and inferring from these two insights, they are also capable of replacing their losses just as quick).

While we may be impressed by how awesome Chamber and Ledo perform in combat, it is easy from my perspective to understand why humanity is losing in the war against the aliens. Notice Chamber doesn't even try to attack the Blossom fortress while in overdrive mode, that infers limits for how each individual mecha (even their ships) can spam, and they were spamming like crazy to keep that Blossom fortress from regenerating.

Going from that, the only way Ledo and Chamber know how to fight is to do what they just did to those pirates. For the Gargantians, that method of fighting is nearly unconscionable; it was more of a massacre than a battle.
Even the U.S. Coast Guard would have sunk the 3 enemy ships and sniped the hostages what do you mean restraint. Then again that's because of paranoia never know if some ones tryna sneak a bomb close etc better to kill with extreme prejudice and be safe.

Honestly this is a series I could do with out a blood bath lets see something different long character development etc not more wasted potential like psycho pass. Oh well this season I got tons of anime to watch and multiple scifi so if one messes up I have another to fall on,Kakumeiki Valvrave was really good better than it looked in the trailers.

Only reason I can see to over react is due to the vast power difference. If this guy we do not know whats to kill us all we are doomed. Tho thats not gona be the reason they bitch oh no this guy killed the people we told him to kill how evil roll eyes -_-.

And for the love of god please let me be wrong do not have the cast yell at him for killing I hate main progs when they are soldiers who don't kill its illogical its stupid and its like getting paciest view crammed down your throat. Kira from seed,Kio asuno from age, The main character in eureka 7 who was such a wimp I couldn't watch the series.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-04-12 at 04:45.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote