View Single Post
Old 2009-06-20, 15:32   Link #7
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
If the docking station doesn't have VGA, it's most likely on the laptop since most laptops atleast have a VGA, dvi and/or displayport plugins that allow you to plug to a monitor or tv. If you use VGA, you need to plug the audio cable to the tv.
Yes, the laptop has a VGA, but the TV doesn't. The TV has DVI, S-Video, Composite, and Component Inputs. The Docking Station has Component and S-Video Outputs. The Laptop has VGA and S-Video Outputs.

So to hook to the TV directly I can use the Component or the S-Video connections. The S-Video creates a great deal of hum, and the picture appears "torn" - which I assume means there's an issue with the settings between what the nVidia Geforce Go 6150 driver is putting out, and what the TV can support. This is greatly reduced when I use the Component connection, but while the image is then stable and has no hum, it looks like the gamma is totally out of whack, or one of the channels (Green I suspect) is missing.

Basically I can't seem to find a good combination of options to do a direct connection, and my requests on the HP specific sites lead me to believe no one else has ever gotten a direct connection to a TV from either of these HP products to work.

Which is why I was trying to pursue other options