View Single Post
Old 2011-11-02, 17:05   Link #41
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Why am I the only person to have mentioned Hyouge Mono in this thread? Has anyone here actually watched an episode or two, or is it just relegated to the list of niche animes only a small number of weird people like me enjoy? It's really quite a remarkable production and worth a lot more attention than it seems to be getting so far.

Does an anime have to have cute girls in it these days to attract an audience?
I loved it as well. Kinda sad how the subs have been slow but no complaints because the subbers deserve gratitude if anything.

From what I have seen completely and in no particular order:

Shiki
Level E
Nichijou
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yosuga no Sora

would be my top five. I am kind of messed up right now though so I can't quite recall so much as the names of the shows so the list could look drastically different if I made one when I haven't a huge headache sapping away all my energy

Honorable mentions would mostly include all those short or otherwise experimental shows like Young animator training project, Yondemasu Azazel San, Double J, Morita san wa mukuchi etc.

There are quite a few very good ones I haven't finished yet. Usagi drop, Steins;Gate, Wandering Son etc. Oh and a number of shows from this season.

If we can go outside tv shows then there were a number of very good movies that were either released or subbed this year. Redline, Mardock Scramble The First Compression, Colorful etc. off the top of my head.