View Single Post
Old 2007-12-28, 01:08   Link #18038
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
Hey Liingo yeah im prepared, ive sorta lurked without registering for a while. Comments noted and taken on board, i see what you mean abotu the slightly OP, i suppose it looks good on paper since i did stats first and filled in background for him afterwards since he was an RPG character first. The damaging people who get close for the Maleficus Ferratus will only affect people who actually connect in melee combat, i based it on the cloak of flames from the warlock class in D&D since, like i say he was a D&D characacter first. With regards to the range of attacks and forms i probably should cut it down looking at it, maybe drop the chaos and reaper forms since theyre seldom used, im not sure about the sealing form(i dont know if its standard on all devices to have it) and tailor his attacks to be melee only with maybe one ranged attack to support.

The section six bit was just a plot device i used in the original story i wrote so that the people playing would be dealing with characters that they know since none of them have read too deeply into the background of it all, so thats an optional bit i could probably swap out it was just coz where i was upto he was being taught by Signum since shes one of the few practicioners of old belka.

Anyhow im rambling a bit now, im gonna give it a revamp tomora at some stage, see how it comes out. Cheers again.

Mort
Whoo, I can help you here. You see, Erick, Glen, and Emili were at one point D&D characters as well (whereas Franz/Naomi/Ivanovich are Goose's, though he doesn't play PPRPGs), so I had to transition them from one system (D&D 3.x) to Nanohaverse speak.

It's fairly simple, actually; A mage rank for every 2 effective caster levels. What's your character's caster level? Does he have other skills to back it up? (read: Multi-class/Prestige class) and so on and so forth.

Since there are so many D&D spells that are effectively Nanohaverse spells as well, it's easy to translate from one form to the other XD .