View Single Post
Old 2010-11-02, 08:16   Link #18314
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

The problem with detaching Battler's culpability for the explosion and Battler's culpability for the murders is that we could envision a scenario in which all people on the island are dead prior to the explosion. Certainly it's a possibility within the box. If Battler had nothing to do with the murders, then in at least that particular scenario he would not have actually "caused" any deaths.

A second-order responsibility is fine, though: "Battler did Sin X, this caused Person Y to set the bomb, that caused Person Z to begin killing." So long as Battler remains the ultimate cause.

Note this would shred the ep7 Tea Party to pieces. Battler is not the ultimate cause of Kyrie's rampage, and even if he were, she wouldn't also do it in Lion's world where Battler never returned. Yet Battler being ultimately responsible is necessary to satisfy Beatrice's red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I've had the idea that Hachijou was someone in deep confidence of one of the survivors for a while now. I usually assumed this person was Battler, but if Eva told Hachijou what happened, and no one else, it'd explain a lot.

Maybe Hachijou even wrote EP3 without her permission.
Maybe there is no Hachijou at all, and a survivor wrote it directly. We already know he/she is a reclusive author. Even if real-life Ange had a meeting with real-life Hachijou (and we can't be all that sure she did), claiming to be a person doesn't prove you really are them. And if Ange never actually encountered "Hachijou Tohya," her appearance is subject to speculation and AuAu meddling.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote