View Single Post
Old 2010-12-17, 01:17   Link #46
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Here we go. A first try. Any advice? Thanks!

Looks good; although I would recommend adding a light source or some sort of gradient to the background to add depth to the picture. There's obviously a light source there but you just need to expand on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
First concept;

Does this fit the weapons theme? I know it's borderless atm; it's only v1. Stock used.
Interesting use of render and "weapons". Your use of those x-acto knives is still open to interpretation, I believe. Even with the latest explanation from Namiey, I can still see how many understood the weapons theme to include knives like the ones in your sig. Although I understand what Namiey is getting at with the theme as well. Personally, I think if objects such as regular "house knives" are used, then it should be positioned in the sig in such a way that it is obvious these are intended as weapons (held in an attack position, has blood, etc.) and not as their manufactured purpose (to open boxes) - but that's my humble opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
Okay then, here's the second sig I've attempted to make for this contest, and I have to say, I personally think it came out better than I could have expected. C&C is welcome.

I personally like the sig above better than my previous signature, but just to bump that up back to give a quick comparison, here it is...
I prefer the second sig (top). I would recommend using the dodge tool to emphasize the direction of the lighting on the girl just to blend her better into the sig. And adding some kind of text to the empty space would be good - as already recommended by others. But if you are planning to animate her shooting bullets through that empty space, then I may hold back on the text or position the text such that the empty space doesn't suddenly become crowded. Personally, I find the empty sky gives me a sense that she's in an open area within the woods - you know, a break the canopy. Okay, I think I'm interpreting too much.

[/TH][/TR][/table]