View Single Post
Old 2012-08-26, 17:07   Link #30178
Patchwork Chimera
Human

So I finished reading the novels three weeks ago, and I needed go somewhere and talk about it. Then this thread appeared and... yeah.

Now, there's a lot that has already been discussed, so for the sake of not being redundant and because I can't go back and read the monstruous thread since the begining, I'm just gonna take the topic in this last page and start with it.

So I'll pick one of the topics floating in here... Implanted memories. Because that's weird enough.

For what I can get about the thing without going back to read, you're posting a theory about how Tohya is not Ushiromiya Battler. I would take it into consideration, really, if it weren't for the implanted memory argument, because let's face it: it'd go up right there with the whole amnesia thingy in the 'asscovers/bullshit that everybody could live without' list.

BUT, speaking about if its possible or not... yes. To a certain degree. It's possible even with non-brain-damaged people, and I'm telling this from experience: If Miss X doesn't have a complete/perfect recolection of what happened, say... one year ago, Mr. G can suggest 'You did Y' and Miss X can pottentialy believe it. But there's certain criteria that has to be taken in consideration: Miss X must thrust Mr. G to a certain degree, at least enough to not suspect he's lying or he couldn't have known; Y must be in character for Miss X, so she can't detect something weird ("I'd never do that!" she'd say); It has to be possible ("I've never been in Russia to begin with!" she'd say) and finally, Y can't be something unforgettable. ("I'd remember if I married you!" she'd say).

Of course, this is about normal people with normal memory erosion.

Spoiler for EP7 & EP8 spoil... So, is it possible for an amnesiac to get false memories through suggestion?:

Hm. Maybe I wrote too much. It's my first post here, I got carried away...

Last edited by Patchwork Chimera; 2012-08-26 at 17:29.
Patchwork Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote